Sunday, 11 March 2018

The Beginning of the Clarinet Journey


I decided that I would use this blog to document my progress in learning the Clarinet. Why the Clarinet? Simple. I was simply inspired by my best friend a year ago. She plays a mean toot. 

I've had Sylvia, my Clarinet for almost 3 weeks now. I've had one lesson so far and I'm going back for another tomorrow. I'm really enjoying this instrument already, much more than I enjoy playing the Violin. Poor Sophia sits in her case out of tune while Sylvia steals the spotlight... perhaps S is a common name starter with my instruments....

I'm currently working on tonguing and I'm happy with how I've improved with it in just a mere week. However I'm still not certain I'm doing it correctly and I guess my teacher will tell me tomorrow how I've been doing. I'm also pretty happy with my progress in learning sheet music. I can now reed C, D and E comfortably (although I've always know C) as well as F and G. So we're getting somewhere. 

I also need to work on my nerves. I can't play Sylvia the way I want to at my lessons because I get so shy and worked up about playing it wrong or not being able to keep up with the duet or piece of music. Hopefully it should be okay. I've opted for an hour lesson this time as half an hour was simply too short. 

I'll wrap this up here and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow after my lesson, what I need to work on and such. I might grab myself a little whiteboard to write the weeks practice theme on, sounds fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment